1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

will a 3.5 in v band fit a 4 in flange?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by papasmurf, Jun 21, 2005.

1. papasmurf

So will a 3.5 in vband clamp to a 4 in flange? I want a 3.5 in downpipe, and the turbo flange is 4 inches. Just wondering if the two will clamp together, or will i need to buy a 4 inch v band setup. I know i asked this before, but want to make sure before I order, can't do my downpipe until I get this. tried searching, but nothing of erelevance comes up with my question. Thanks guys, appreciate the help as always. --Shawn

2. Disney Lincoln

3. papasmurf

Looks like it will be a 4 inch then, and neck it down. I don't think I want to run a 4 inch downpipe.

4. papasmurf

So what size am I looking for? the outside of the flange coming off of the turbo is 4 inches. I am using 3.5 inches for the downpipe. Do you measure the outside of the flange, or the smaller part that tapers in. I'm sorry, I am not following how to measure this when the flange is already there. So what size flange do I have then. Thanks guys.

5. Disney Lincoln

You measure the ID of the connection. That's what size pipe it will fit and what size Vband clamp to get.

a 3 1/2" Vband will fit OVER 3 1/2" pipe.

6. papasmurf

So basically the inside diameter of the turbo is 3.5 inches, that is what I get, even though the diameter of the flange is 4. I gotcha now, thanks.