1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Attention tuners! Inter cooler piping/tune ?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Forced5, May 1, 2013.

1. Forced5

​With my current setup, I am running 4" intercooler piping (approximately 18ft). The car is slow to come up on boost at the line while on the transbrake. If I move the inter cooler from the back set to the passenger floor near the dash removing nearly 8ft of piping, would I need a retune?​

2. Fast82z

If it spools faster, you'll be entering into areas of the map that were not previously used. All depends on what is in those areas. I'd suspect it to be roughly close, but it very well might not be.