1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

demon bt carb leaking gas

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by louich, Mar 5, 2009.

1. louich

anyone had one leak bad out of the box....installed it out of the box and fired on fuel pump, bowls filled to proper level, ran engine and was running ok...then when we started to load it up a bit it started pushing fuel out around the metering blocks and running down onto the base plate and then onto intake and this was only with 3 psi boost. called them today and they said i could send it back to them and they would have a look, but if its just gaskets i might as well pull it apart and reseal it...was coming out front and rear, float levels stayed good the whole time this was happening. we were trying to dyno it.

2. BlownShovel

Where is the fuel coming from? if it is coming from the top I would suspect vent tubes. If it is coming form the bowl to metering blocks then I would snug things up a little to seal it.

3. louich

if it was coming out the tubes the engine should have went fat. can't see them with the top on building boost. snugged bowls and needle and seats and it still leaked.

4. furchaser

It's always a good idea to pull apart any new carb and check for debris and filings, You probably have some dirt or your floats maybe out of whack.The last new carb I bought looked like ups played a quick game of football with it.

5. louich

was three of us there...guy running the engine dyno and me on one side and another guy on other side of engine, float levels didn't move up in sight glass on front or rear bowls, going to pull it apart tomorrow and see.

6. PrecisionTurboMustang

My demon had passages not drilled all the way, debris in it, etc. Definately need to bull the demons apart before running them.

7. louich

then are they working good?

8. PrecisionTurboMustang

Nope not really, lol. There have been a few to make them work. If you don't mind tinkering then this is the place to be for help on getting it work. I would say 80% of those who post about a demon end up getting fed up with it and buying something else. My biggest problem Is that mine has downleg boosters and my little 306 just doesn't pull enough signal through them.

9. louich

im going to go over it this weekend and try it again next week. if its still being a pain i will likely send it to carb shop and see if they can made it good. we have one of their holleys on it now and it works awesome

10. furchaser

You will never learn anything but how to spend money sending stuff away.

11. louich

thats ok....my brain is already full :):):)