1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Are there Progressive boost controllers out there?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by GangBang Malloy, Sep 23, 2009.

1. GangBang Malloy

i would be interested in progressive boost controllers if they are availible. i think they would be very useful in means of getting traction just like a nitrous controller so half track the boost can start picking up and make for a better pass. anyone heard of these?

2. LowBoostinT76

AMS-1000, this is exactly what your looking for but gonna cost you $850.
    I run a Bigstuff 3 that I plan on ditching my electronic boost controller and letting the bs3 control boost. With the bs3 I can set it on a timer from when I leave off the tbrake to start and increase boost per second or with a driveshaft sensor do it by mph, or even setup switches to do it based off of gear.

3. Enginerd

I have an E-boost controller which has 3 stages. I can activate each stage via microswitches on my shifter for gear based boost. I've done it with a switch just for 1st gear boost, and most recently a switch for 3rd gear only. Works great.

Rob

4. ls1killr

I know a bunch of local guys running the MSD Boost controller... Allows boost control for burnout, transbrake and progressive control based on time(in seconds). Also it is alot cheaper than the AMS 1000 unit

5. Marty Staggs

I have the new one with 6 stages and it is set up time based.

Let go of the trans brake and the internal timer starts ramping.

6. GangBang Malloy

ive heard very good things about the Bigstuff 3. so i would be able to crank up the boost by MPH or time with this automatically or do i have to manually press a switch?

7. LowBoostinT76

I've never used it based off mph, I know the boost/time function is set after 12 volts is removed from the trigger wire(aka releasing of tbrake), I'm not sure if this would also active the mph based boost function or not, I would imagine it wouldn't need a switch to activate. You will need to have the driveshaft speed sensor, or see if there is a way to use a wheel speed sensor for this as well. If you want this function be sure to purchase a bs3 box that is setup to run this function from the get go with the correct wiring in the harness for the driveshaft sensor. The base bs3 box comes with the function to run the pwm boost control but I'm pretty sure it doesn't come with anything to hook up the driveshaft speeds sensor, so be sure to inquire about any extra options you may want before purchasing.

8. Enginerd

Sweet. Might have to upgrade mine.

9. Geddy2112

AMS-500 will do the same. Just use the ramp feature.

10. ewags70

What kind of micro switch setup on what trans?