1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Has anyone or know anything about the Ge Force gears for a T5

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by blow_me93, Mar 10, 2003.

1. blow_me93

I was thinking could you put them gears and the input shaft into your T5 and still get the torgue handling that you get from a tko

2. Snipe656

Still got the weak casing of the T5

3. blow_me93

yeah that is true forgot about all that, I guess it is the Tremec or the TKo still not sure which one I want to get, does anyone know the price difference

4. ng8264723

The TKO has a bigger inut and output shaft. I would spend the cash and buy a tko. You need a c-6 yoke though

5. blow_me93

So if I go and get a TKO, what will I need to make the change. Bellhousing, clutch, flywheel, driveshaft, and anything else

6. ng8264723

You need a different bellhousing and clutch the driveshaft is fine just change the yoke. You should run a scattershield and a billet flywheel anyway. Don't forget scattershields need to be dialed in which is a pain.

7. blow_me93

How much is a scattershield and how do you dial them in never heard that before. This not an all race car it is my daily driver and it will see the track like 2 or so times a month

8. ng8264723

Scattershields are around $300. You may be able to use your x-member. You just need to adjust it b/c the tremec is 1 inch further back. Anyway the shield is good insurance. If anything blows you will lose your feet. For $300 I'll keep my feet. When you look at it that way it's cheap. The stock driveshaft is fine just change the yoke. As far as the dialing in is concerned check out lakewood's website. You need and indicator and a magnetic stand. It's not difficult just a pain. If you skip this step and your shield is off you will toast the front bearing in your expensive transmission and have a nasty vibration as well.

9. Snipe656

Man, I must be real lucky, never dialed in a scatter sheild before. As far as the cross over you just need to break some welds on it so the bushings will move so you can mount the transmission in there over buying a new x-over.

10. ng8264723

Snipe,
    Everyone gets lucky. On my car the shield was out 16 thousands compared to when it was in another car. the blocks were definately different. Lakewood recomends a limit of 5 thousands.
    chris
    It doesn't take long to dial in why chance ruining a 1500 transmission and the labor to install it?