1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Apexi Avc-r

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by fastdart, May 10, 2008.

1. fastdart

I am curenntly tunning on a 06 subaru sti with a deadbolt turbo and an apexi avcr ebc. I am having a problem programming the the ebc to let the car boost more than 1-1.3 bar in 1234 but it will boost 2bar in 5th and 6th I am wondering how to make it boost more in the lower gears. I also noticed the kilometers displayed are half the actual speed but the rpms are right

2. seirra

dont use the gear bost just delete it, probably not enough load on the turbo in the lower gears :'(

3. boosted88coupe

I had a customer with one of those a few years back on a twin turbo 3000gt we had nothing but problems with it. I hope you have better luck than we did :2thumbs:

4. LRD VDR

Agreed...gear judge sucks. I've got the AVC-R in my two TT 300ZX's and I don't use gear judge.

Shahram

5. ebydrc

turn off the gear based boost settings, or just adjust them properly, the apexi unit is a great controller but hard to use...