1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AOD Valvebody?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by smokehouse_83, Apr 27, 2004.

1. smokehouse_83

Do you have to pull the transmission apart to replace the valvebody in a AOD? I am going to put a lentech strip terminator manual valvebody in my AOD and I am just trying to be ready so I dont get caught offhand, I have never worked on an AOD before.

Thanks,
    Drew

2. Dr Cobra

Drew,
    All you have to do is drop the pan (atf shampoo!!) Make sure you keep everything clean and torque the bolts using the correct pattern. Specs are in the Lentech instructions or on their websight. If this v/b retains the TV cable, make sure you adjust it.

Dale Minton
    Fatboy Fabrication

3. smokehouse_83

thanks for the help! I am gettting the strip valvebody which doesnt retain the TV, so I can switch between EFI & Carb and not have to mess with the tv shit.

Drew