1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AOD valvebody choices

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jbi66, Sep 6, 2004.

1. jbi66

Due to the death of my Bronco this weekend, I need to build a daily driver mustang quick. I'm throwing on all your basic bolt ons with an AOD and a set of 4.10's. Does any body have any recomendations on whose valvebody and torqueconverter to use without breaking the bank? Is it better to use something like a PA valvebody or a transgo shift kit? Also, should I convert it over to non lock up right away? I dont know how much abuse a stock lock up AOD can handle.

2. Disney Lincoln

4.10 gears....abuse....stall.....

I thought you needed a reliable daily driver?

3. knkfiend

yeah the kid is a real piece of work. just hes also going to be driving his 900rwhp to work every day and when the time comes put a car seat in the back too. and his bronco is fine, it just needs about every gasket known to man. i guess i should watch what i say because he IS building my motor right now, and could throw it all in my yard. but you know, its only been 3 months its ok right? haha, hes my neighbor. he likes to be called magnum. i need everyone else to tell him to get to work on that red pile sitting in his garage that i call my baby. get on him hard

4. Disney Lincoln

Finish his shit jbi!!!

Like that?

5. knkfiend

EXACTLY like that. i couldnt have asked for it to be said any better

btw. markVIIs are so badass

6. jbi66

Just for being an ass knkfiend, not only am I pushing your car in your front lawn tonight, I'm putting your motor in my new daily driver as punishment.

7. knkfiend

haha, your car couldnt handle my motor. and plus, by the time you got around to pushing my car that good 100 yards into my lawn, it would be a big pile of rust impossible to push anymore:p