1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AOD Tansbrake guys inside

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by turbod88, Dec 5, 2007.

1. turbod88

Hey guys post up some pics of the places u have you t-brake button and the type of shiter u are useing

Thanks
    Eric

2. turbod88

wow no one is running an aod with a transbrake or is it no one uses shifters? :bang: :bang:

3. 1966GT350

This prolly won't help, but you asked.
    LenTech AOD, B&M Hammer.

T-Brake button, Line Lock switch, Red light is for when the T-brake/3rd gear solenoid is on, blue is methanol.

shifter.jpg #ad

4. turbomut

I run the hurst pistol grip with button in the shifter. Don't have any pics of it though.

5. 93weezer

Me to

6. turbocobra

I had an AOD. Had B&M shifter as pictured above, but had a t-grip with integrated button.

Now have Hurst quarterstick with button on top. Very nice shifter. Much more solid than the B&M.

7. turbod88

do u have the hurst's mounted in stock location?

8. turbocobra

9. turbomut

yes I bought the holcomb bracket.

10. BOSs5.0

I can't find the setup you are talking about. Any part no.s?

11. turbomut

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S28Z1FBDO369116168850h~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000059b
    you have to modify the bracket alittle bit for it to fit with the aod because the tail of the trans hits the bracket. I had to bend the plate up where you would put the shifter. Its not a bolt on thing but it looks great because I did not have to hack up my console. I do recommend buying some self adhesive heat insulation mat and use it on the bracket and seal it when you finish the install. If you don't you will feel alot of heat coming up the middle and the shifter itself gets hot since the bracket is touching the trans. I did this to mine and I get zero heat.

12. BOSs5.0

Hey, thanks for taking the time to find that and with the explanation.

13. ThomasWPT

[​IMG]#ad

Here is a picture of mine with a B&M Pro Stick.

14. turbod88

is that little red button for the brake?

15. ThomasWPT

Yes, the transbrake switch is right there on the tunnel just before the shifter. My electronic overdrive switch is on that panel that hangs below the dash next to my transmission temp gauge.

16. Novi357

I run a hammer shifter and like it. Installation sucked, especially since the car used to be a stick. Once you get past all that, I think it is a good looking shifter and works well.

My transbrake button is the top momentary switch on an anderson switch panel.

[​IMG]#ad