1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

AOD guys please help

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Grey93TT, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Grey93TT

Greetings!

So this morning I got in my 90 LX which is BONE stock right down to the 2.73 gears out back. I drove out of my driveway and within less than a block I noticed the car had already shifted into 3rd gear? I thought nothing of it and figured it was cold. I continued on my way to work nice and easy and it kept doing the same thing. It upshifts alost immediately whereas it was NOT doing this yesterday???? I got to the expressway where I could open her up a little and it did the same exact thing but this time with a lot more throttle. Even when I am rolling along in 3rd and STAB the throttle it will NOT downshift whereas yesterday it did!

Did I break something? It is not leaking any fluids at all and is full of transmission fluid. I am new to AODs so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks guys!
    :D

2. BigDumbRedneck

Check the throttle valve cable. If it's not adjusted properly, you'll burn that AOD up in no time.

3. turbomut

:withu: it might have come off.

4. Grey93TT

It did come off!!! I got the brass replacement. Hopefully I didnt fry the transmission :(

Thanks guys!!!

:D

5. turbomut

Take it to a transmission guy anyway to adjust it correctly. If the cable is off a little bit it still can hurt the trans.