1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tapping into oil pressure sending unit

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Heirdryer, Feb 15, 2003.

1. Heirdryer

where did you drill the holes? a picture or description would be great for junkyard twins

2. Silver93notch

remove the oil sending unit. install 2 1/8 npt "T's" the ones with 2 males and 1 female. Screw the 2 T's together then screw the t's into the hole in the block that should leave you with 3 1/8 npt female holes. In 2 install a 1/8 npt to inverted flare for the brake line to feed the turbos and in the last one reinstall the oil sending unit.

3. Snipe656

Looking straight down at mine, I drilled and tapped two holes in the flat surface facing me(when it was off the car of course). I then plugged the end that normally has the stock sending unit and I put in a -3 and a -4 fitting in the bar to feed my oil pressure gauge and my turbo.

4. Erik88GT

I use a 1/8" pipe thread tap.

Clean it out REALLY GOOD after your done. Brake cleaner, air hose.