1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Two fuel regs required ?? Two A1000 pumps ??

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by xr8tt, Jul 14, 2012.

1. xr8tt

Aiming for over 1200 or so RWHP on E85
    On 4.0 V8, 2000 I.D injectors
    TWO A1000 Aeromotive pumps..
    Would ONE Aeromotive fuel reg control fuel pressure ??
    Would drilling out return seat help ??
    I don't really want to fit two regs unless I have to..
    The reg is fitted between the front rails. While feed from the back..
    Two -10 fuel lines and one -8 return..
    Strip car only..

2. brianj5600

I would run it by Brett at Aeromotive. He is very thorough in explanations and I will go out on a limb and say he knows as much as anyone about Aeromotive products. I want to run a 255lph pump for driving and turn on an A1000 for boost on my E85 street car and this was a about half of his reply.

"You will need to be certain to run the Pro-Series EFI regulator and at least AN-08 return line (which you may already have) such that you can turn the A1000 on in advance of really needing it. In dual pump systems, beside the question that both pumps are actually healthy and flowing properly, the scariest thing in my mind is bringing in the second pump too late. Its vital to keep in mind that the second pump has to achieve prime, and contribute flow to the fuel rail, before its actually going to aid in fueling the engine. This takes time to accomplish, so waiting until you really need it to turn it on is very likely to be too late."

A good activation strategy would turn the pump on anytime manifold vacuum is over 2' HG, whereby whenever the key is turned to the run position the secondary pump runs until the engine starts, giving it a chance to establish initial prime, and you a chance to know its turning on and running. Then, when the engine is below 2'HG (i.e. cruise and light load driving) the second pump is off. However, as soon as manifold pressure heads for atmosphere, just prior to building boost, the second pump is on and getting going.

3. TurboNova

How are your pumps routed? One to each rail? or each one to a Y that goes to a single line to a Y to the rails?

I wouldn't drill the regulator... you will lose adjustability. The only to tell for sure is to try it, if you can't get rid of enough fuel pressure then you need to add another regualtor.

4. xr8tt

Yep 5/8 to each rail.. I have two Bosch pumps on my road car with no issues..
    Yes I am aware of lean condition if one pump fails..Haltech ECU & wide band takes care of that..
    If we drill it won't be much ..Besides it takes the seat away..

5. brianj5600

Which regulator are you running?

6. xr8tt

Reg is a 13101 looks like I'll have to fit a 13110