1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Best cam timing for 2.0 DOHC turbo engine?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Charosenz, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Charosenz

I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who has adjustable cam timing to hear what cam angle (C/L degree) worked best for you. Especially if it was set up using a dyno.

Obviously results will vary but the information is appreciated.

Charlie

2. 91turboterror

That question is a little vague. You could have 2 of the same engine react differently. What is your engine combination?

3. Charosenz

I agree completely. I have a Honda Civic R18 now but want to put in a Honda K20C4 from an accord. The aftermarket ecu I plan to use does not have control over cam phasing. But of course both the intake and exhaust cams can be adusted by other means. So I am hoping to get some graphs and tables of other guys who have similar set ups to see what VVT and VTC INCAM and EXCAM angles are being used during hard runs.

4. MCA

I have seen a friend of mine, with DOHC and adjustable cam gears messing with the damn things... we were at it close to 8-9 hours on the dyno.

I would recommend that you do the same or similar *trial and error... kinda thing, this was on a high CR NA little 1.3 Suzuki engine with power ranging from 98whp all the way to a whooping 124whp; I should say that he made sure not to hit the valves lol by measuring the minimum and maximum variance of the cam pahzing at TDC at a max lift situation.

I told him he should just have turbocharged the little thing but it was interesting to see the torque/power and powerband differences.