1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone use " THE ULTIMATE FORD BE/MOATES EFI TUNING GUIDE " ?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 724QuikFast, Jun 8, 2019.

1. 724QuikFast

Just wanting to know input and review before a person drops 80 whole $$'s on it .
    -
    What i'm afraid of is if i bought it and it doesn't cover something that i really need to know and i won't be able to get a refund or support for it. Because the guides description plainly says "no tuning support is included with this guide"
    -
    So let's say if someone was a complete novice, would it give them a really good start at tuning their everything ? At least ALL of the essentials such as MAF and injectors and everything ignition timing related.

2. B E N

All of the support for the moates products is forum based at eectuning.org/forums

There are plenty of write ups out there, and a ton of information on that board. No need to spend the $80.

MCA and 724QuikFast like this.
  3. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Haven't read that particular book, but a few years ago I did a book review of his SCT Advantage book for a web site I was involved with at the time. I've been tuning with SCT since they first started, so I knew what to look for when reading it --- and his book was pretty solid for a person starting out. Their forums will help, but his book is a very good A-Z guide that will get you up and running fast, if it's anything like the SCT book was. Whether it's worth $80 depends on the value of your time versus how long it will take to learn from the write-ups versus the book.

MCA and 724QuikFast like this.
  4. 1994Musturd

If you have NEVER played with the QH stuff its worth the read. I played around with it and then ordered the book...It coveres things more in depth, but dicking around with the software and getting help from Decipha was a better investment.

Tell you what, I'll ship it to you for $40. Sound fair?

5. decipha

I'm late but if you want to learn custom tuning start here

http://www.efidynotuning.com

start at the top and work your way down the list

724QuikFast likes this.
  6. 724QuikFast

I have come across your site and have enjoyed the reading i have come across. Although it doesn't cover everything , it has helped me with the basic necessities so far and will be wanting to learn even further into the advanced areas soon.

Thank you a lot for the help. Not just from me, but from the others that you have helped that havent said anything. I wish i could say you have no idea but i'm sure you do understand how much it means to people like me with low budgets and oddball engines that noone has ever done before.
    There's people with an engine like mine and once they see what's involved in EFI tuning they're like Nope and swap a carburetor on top but not me i'm still pressing forward and think it's really neat.

MCA likes this.