1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

anyone use the SDS digital ecu setup?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by ricky, Nov 6, 2010.

1. ricky

just curious if anyone has any "real" world experience with the SDS,or has heard anything about the Simple Digital Systems efi setup? lets hear the good and bads of it..thanks!

2. underpsi68

I talked to a few guys that used to run it. It lacks adjustablity. It is limited.

3. Mnlx

can you explain? I had an older sds PnP, and I thought it worked well, and was easy to tune. The one draw back was needing a low z driver, but a plus was tuning without a laptop. The newer version is improved, and also data logs. tech support was great.

4. 64duece

We used one many many years ago on a freinds 2.0 16v Volkswagon. For the cost and simplicity...it worked pretty darn good. They're a little cumbersome to tune but....if it's a good price, they work.

5. ricky

seems like some people like,and some hate it..i was interested in them, was wondering how it would work on a small turbo setup on a 1994 cobra. the factory ecu on those years is not very tolerable to mods..and i did not want to pay and have a chip burned for it,etc and then not be able to change things and being able to compensate for the changes,,rather than have to get a chip burned each time

6. jmstekguy

ive used quite a few and installed quite a few, very nice units, easy to tune with, lacks the fact that there is no way to look at the complete graph x to y axxis but for the lack of modifictions required and allowabilty to reuse the original harness makes for a pretty good little unit, i hav eused them in n/a nos and turbo and s/c combos. a little trick to get to idle with out surging sometimes tho.

7. TurboLou

I have run the SDS on my 4V for about 5 years now. Unfortunately it doesn't allow correction for injector opening time vs. battery voltage, no air temp vs. timing advance, no idle air control, non-sequential injection, and requires an external peak&hold driver for low impedance injectors. It's very convenient to be able to program with the small hand held programmer that fits in the glove box. A nice EFI solution for a race car but lacks a lot of functionality that makes for a nice street car EFI solution.

8. MonzaRacer

DANG thats expensive!