1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Tuning fast inj. on transbrake

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by TURBO Z, Oct 1, 2007.

1. TURBO Z

Can't seem to get the car to stall on the brake.
    converter stalls 3200 ,but will only go 3400 on brake@ 4lbs. of boost.
    The car runs fine when not on the trans brake, is there something special When tuning on the brake. timing/ fuel/....?
    Thanks.....

2. bdass86coupe

WELLLLLL that sounds 100% correct to me if you have a 3200 stall converter it will not stall any higher on the trans brake than the stall of the converter
    sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    from what your saying you have a 3200 stall converter and it stalls to 3400 on the t-brake then everything is working fine if you want it to stall higher then you need to purchase a higher stall converter or have yours loosenned up.

3. TURBO Z

IF YOU DON'T THINK BOOST WILL MAKE THE CONVERTER STALL HIGHER THINK AGAIN......

4. bdass86coupe

Your only making 4lbs of boost and I would hope it is a turbo converter in a turbo car anyway it is obvious you seem to know everything as I try help you and you want to be a dick about it good luck with it

5. TURBO Z

The converter is a neal chance,& i have tried a ptc also, what im saying is the tune must be off because the converter should go higher .....
    p.s.both converters are 9.5 and have 15 blade stators...

6. Toma

The more torque you can make, the higher it will stall.... so its quite opposite from a stick car in that you want it lean and mean.... sooo, lean her out some in that area, and add a bit of timing and see if you can stall it higher, whcih should make more boost.... once the boost starts to build, you get a feedback type reaction.... longer on the brake, more boost, higher stall....

7. Don Bailey

That only works in Canada.

8. TURBO Z

Thanks for the info....

9. Saleen91

LMAO

10. WaterPog

Don, you should be on stage sometimes ;)