1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Locking timing. Setting FMU? 88 Stang

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 8A_Honda, Sep 12, 2007.

1. 8A_Honda

Car is SD for now. Will be running 8psi on T67 turbo. Gonna run Walbro 255 and probably fmu till I get more money. Good place to set timing and lock it? I WILL have wideband and use 93 octane.

Also will have fuel pressure gauge inside car. Good place to set fmu on stock injectors? Thanks for feedback.

2. vader_turbo

start at 16deg locked and move it up from there what boost press. are you planning? good thing you'll have a wb cause stock injectors and
    fmu are a recipe for failure. Good luck and take small steps. :2thumbs:

3. 302tt

4. vader_turbo

:agree: Very nice!!!

5. 8A_Honda

Only wanna run about 8 psi on 93 octane. Wanna lock it though. Reading people are having problems with BTM's? So I'll stay away from that. Would think that Walbro pump would help to get the pressure up with the FMU? Wouldn't the fuel pressure inside the car help as well? Cause then at least I could see if the injectors wanted to take a dump on me and let off the gas in time if need be. That's what I'm thinkin anyway.

And we we say locked at 16deg, we're meaning to unplug the spout, set it at 16deg with the timing light, and leave it. That's what I'm assuming correct?

Also, thanks for the link 302tt.

6. vader_turbo

Spout in = un-locked computer will advance timing. spout out = locked. When I was running 8-9#'s my timing was locked at 22degs on 93 with no pinging. :2thumbs:

7. 8A_Honda

Sweet. K what are you guys (that have them) with fmu's setting your fuel pressure to? If I have the gauge inside, it'd be nice to know what numbers I should be looking for. Should it be higher than 40psi being that we're tryin to bump up the fuel pressure anyway?

8. Thunder5.0

19 degrees locked out 12psi stock compression 93 octane

9. 8A_Honda

Mind if I ask what size turbo/intercooler you're running? Just wondering cause 12 psi just sounds high to me but of course I don't know what your setup and tune is like either. Injector size? And guessing you have fmu as well correct? Thanks.

10. Scones

i run 24s with a 12:1 fmu and 14lbs on my 86 with an 88DA1 speed density eec (no chip or anything)...since i drive on the street a lot i stay spout in at around 6* just to be safe....

11. petejennen

Timing locked at 20 on 10 lbs of boost and 93 octane. :2thumbs:

12. 8A_Honda

If you guys are running with an fmu, mind if I ask what fuel pressure you're running at?

13. Scones

my base is at 38psi