1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Bov??

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jp1991gt, May 14, 2003.

1. jp1991gt

I have a question about a BOV. I am running 8-10 psi on an Incon kit and will plan on more boost in the future. I was wondering which valve? Would a Vortech Maxflow be ok, or a Greddy Type R for such low boost? Thanks for any help or suggestions.

2. TwinTurboStrokr

HKS

I ran the blue and the red spring on my Incon kit then gave the valve to a fellow Incon owner when I upgraded to my new system.

This is a great BOV for the $$ can be found for around $159 if you search the net.

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=761

3. yellow5.0cobra

WOA!!!!! $159 for that?

I can SWEAR it is the SAME BOV that I ripped out of a 740 TURBO INTERCOOLED VOLVO

I got the SAME damn thing for like $20 sumtin bux, forgot, but I took the TURBO, INTERCOOLER...PIPING... BLA BLA BLA and the BOV for like $150!

Search the JUNK YARDS for a 740 TURBO INTERCOOLED VOLVO, I got it off a 89'... I WILL take pics in a couple hours for you guys to check it out.

The only thing I did was swap out the ADJUSTMENT screw for something a little longer... I had screws up the WAZOOOOO in my shop, so that was no problem...

see you guys later :rockon:

4. jp1991gt

The HKS would work great I guess, it is made a lot like the Greddy. Where can I find one for $159? I have done a dealer search on that site, but the site has them priced at $205. I cannnot find any dealer info with this slow computer at home. If one costs that much i would want the vortech maxflo or the turbonetics raptor or street/strip, if it would work for 215 bux. Thanks for any more help or leads on this deal.

5. FOURCED

I run the Turbo XS Type H RFL on my car... can be had for $180 plus shipping. It's called the RFL cause, well... it's really fuggin' loud but doesn't have the "ricer chirp" like some BOV's I've heard. I know that my car doesn't particularly like the BOV right now... but I don't know if it's that or the big ass 46 lb. injectors :D

6. 10seclx

I have been told you can use a dsm bov off of a first or second gen talon/eclipse. People say this works, but if one is not enough, run 2! ;)

7. Traction Issuez

cheap and easy is acceptable for a BOV
    issuez

8. yellow5.0cobra

The VOLVO unit is FULLY adjustable as the DSM unit is NOT.

The volvo unit also looks identical to the one in the pic, whcih I WILL post a pic this afternoon.

9. 10seclx

what type of volvo was yours out of yellow??? and how much did you pay??

10. yellow5.0cobra

an 1989 VOLVO TURBO INTERCOOLED...

Its a GERMAN unit, small adjustment screw, but can a new one can be put in with NO PROBLEMS.

I got the TURBO, I/C, lines, fittings...etc...etc... for $150...

So basically it was like $20 maybe....

Go to a JUNK YARD and take it off... its just above the first cylinder and held on by 3 allen key bolts.

The bracket VOLVO uses needs to be trimmed down, cuz its a big ol'bracket... but nothing a hacksaw and a grinder didnt take care of.

Im gonna leave in an hour or so for pics...

SORRY FOR THE DELAY.

Pete

11. 10seclx

very cool, I am interested in the pics, to see what she looks like...I might just be making a trip to the junker this weekend, to see what treasures, I can find!!!

12. yellow5.0cobra

Here ya go!

13. 10seclx

thats a very nice little peice!!! I like that a whole lot better then those stupid aftermarket ones!

14. kwiknez

THis is the Blow Off To Have!!

[​IMG]#ad

15. 10seclx

what to sound like a ricer??? that looks like one of theose rice ones..... "super BOV" things LOL.

16. kwiknez

I was joking - :p

17. 10seclx

LOL......maybe it will add hp, like all the adds claim! LOL

18. kwiknez

Hey, Every last HP helps right! LOL - Especially when you only have a 1.8L engine HAHA

19. 10seclx

lol.....so let me get this starigh, your car has 1.8L's and my mountain dew bottle has 2L's does that make my bottle faster then your car??

20. kwiknez

Only if you pull off the Mountain Dew Label and slap on a Type R Sticker.:rockon: