1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone running or heard anything about the Ebay fabricated ls intakes?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Mnlx, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Mnlx

I see a few guys building engines with them, but haven't heard any real numbers, or opinions. I'm assuming they're giving up some mid range torque, and come on up top (5000+ rpm), but you know how that goes. I picked up a nnbs intake, and plan to run that unless these are better for a 6500 rpm build.

2. fastspec2

keep your nnbs. 6k-6500 is right when the sheet metal starts to pull away. Until then its a boot stomping. I've done a fair amount of dyno work with them and they really kinda suck until you get up in the revs. 30 foot pounds down at 3500 on a 6.0 NA swap is pretty normal from what I've seen.
    Problem with any stock options is they are all ugly as a mud fence. If you can stomach looking at them, and they clear the hood, they are really hard to beat on a street car.

3. Mnlx

Thanks, that's kinda what I assumed. I don't mind the looks, and have room.