1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone running E85?

Discussion in 'MOPAR Turbo Tech Forum' started by HOTMOPR, May 4, 2012.

1. HOTMOPR

Just found out I have 2 stations near me with it. What mods to I have to do to my blow through set up to run it?

2. Mnlx

Depends on power level. larger needle & seats, jetting, and pvcr mods to start with. Make sure pump is up to the task. Air bleeds, and emulsion circuit may also need a look. I ran mine with the stock metering blocks (other than the pvcr's), and had decent luck, but wasnt making a bunch of power.

3. Alikazam

I believe you'll need about 30% more fuel overall, so the task of the fuel pump is that much higher. As noted by Mnlx. :) Then everything else he said too... lol :)

4. dizuster

I'm running it on my iron headed 9:1, non-IC, turbo small block. So far so good. It's only been on the dyno so far, but for cheap race fuel it's great.

I just purchased a E85 Blow Through carb from Eric68 (Horsepower Innovations). I bought all of the parts to convert it myself, and in the end decided for what I had into it, I was better off selling what I had and buying one complete. Eric has been TOP NOTCH with support and help. I would highly recomend him...

http://www.horsepowerinnovations.com/concrete/

5. alain

I run E-85 in my twin turbo Dart, but I run EFI. I did however do a test for components and put some E-85 in a jar and dropped a few bits of material you may find in a fuel system in it to see if they would corrode or be eaten by the fuel, but nothing really happened. I have aluminum lines under my car and braided hoses. You need to flow 30% more fuel as has been said.

6. Turbo Drag Radial

I have been running e85 (replaced 110) for the last two summers.

Combination:
    418W
    FAST XFI
    88mm Turbo
    non-intercooled

Originally I started with 83lb injectors...but quickly maxed them out....E85 require quite a bit more fuel. After switching to 160's it has been great. Last fall turned it up to 20PSI....ran 141mph in the 1/4 and hasn't missed a beat.

No issues during winter storage

Car actually drives better on E85...stay's cooler and costs me less.

I wouldn't change back for anything.....I love it and you will too.