1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone order from Jegs lately?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Mnlx, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Mnlx

I ordered a set of turbo headers, and they weren't going to work so I returned them. They've had them for well over a week with no action, and now it's like they've closed the doors. No phone, no email, and they're rumored to be deleting stuff on FB. Website says they're having system problems, but it's been days. Anyone have any insight on this? At what point do I do a charge back?

2. B E N

That's real weird. Don't lose your shit yet, they may legitimately be having issues. The entire industry is a shit storm right now, give them a couple more days :)

3. Mnlx

I plan to give them some time, unless someone has a good reason not to. That's why i'm here.

4. TTF/Ken Staff Member

They may be overwhelmed by whatever is happening (maybe hacked, ransomware, or who knows), and can't handle the shit storm of people dog piling on them on Facebook, so they turned it off rather than have it take their time. I may be totally wrong about that, but since I've always had pleasant experiences with them, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. Sucks though to be waiting on this, its completely understandable to get worried.

5. Mnlx

Ken, that makes sense. I don't want to judge too quickly. A daily update on the site or on social media would be a good thing. They haven't posted anything on fb that I could find. The same statement has been on their website for the last 3 days (possibly longer).

6. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Yeah, you're right about the communication could be better. I learned (the hard way) when there's shit going on, if you don't lead the narrative, an upset customer or disgruntled person will create the narrative whether it's true or not. In their shoes I would have left the FB page up with regular status updates, and turned off commenting to keep the shit storm at bay.

7. Russell

Just call your credit card, find out how long you have to make a claim, it could be 90 days?

8. Mnlx

I'm patient enough to give them a few more days, but without an update, or some form of communication i'll do a charge back early next week. It's in their best interest to get up and running, and take care of customers asap imo. If they're not closing, the loss of sales/customers for 3+ days has to be huge.

9. tbird

Just saw people asking about contacting them today.
    Its said that they where hacked. No one can get in contact with them currently.

10. Disney Lincoln

Some Somali pirate trying to get paid.