1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone know the specs on hp's twin 57mm and 50mm modular turbos?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by autosay97, Oct 9, 2006.

1. autosay97

I am considering switching from my single to twins, I want to run turbos similar to hp's 57mm twins. Anyone know the sizes and a/r's of the 57's and the 50's??

2. twinturboGT

They are T3/TO4E turbos, the "57mm" turbos use 57-trim TO4E compressor wheels (56mm inducer) with a Stage III turbine wheel and a .63 A/R turbine housing. Equivalent PTE turbo is a SC3427E. The "50mm" turbos use 50-trim TO4E compressor wheels (54mm inducer) with a Stage IIII turbine wheel and a .63 A/R turbine housing. Equivalent PTE turbo is a SC5027E. I really don't know why they call them 57mm and 50mm turbos, it's the totally incorrect nomenclature, and I would expect a turbo company to have a pretty good grasp of turbo knowledge.....