1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Who's tuned big injectors using a Versafueler and SCT?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Beatngu, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Beatngu

put a set of 160's in my mach1 as I was going to E85 soon. I filled in the injector slopes for the 160's but initial fire up it poured enough fuel to come out the DP's.

Has anyone else tuned the low imp injectors w/ SCT ? What else needs to be done to the tune ?

2. Beatngu

Anyone? How do I scale the fuel down , this mo fo is running thick . I've already cut the scales in half and it's barelydoing anything. What are others experiences?

3. 1lowtoy

What ecu code are you using? There is a hard limit to the size injector the ecu can use. You will have to scale everything down to stay under this hard limit. I used an AEM controller with some 96# injectors a long time ago with no real issues (a few problems come from not having good injector data). Two things you could do, the first is buy a set of IDI injectors and ditch the controller (most money). The second is start with a set of injectors with good known data (like the Ford 80#s) and get the car running. Get the bottom to middle part of the MAF curve tuned in perfectly, then switch back to your big injectors and controller (scale the tune for the hard code limit) and then tweak the injector values untill the car reponds with the same AFRs that it had with the smaller injectors. Do not adjust the MAF curve at that point to get you AFRs back in line. Once this is done then you can finish tuning the rest of the MAF. Does this make since to you?

4. Beatngu

I had 80's in it and running just fine. I have all the injector data and I scaled the 160's in half as a starting point but it was still thick.

I would do the ID2000's b/c I have been reading people having issues also , and for 2 grand...bump that

5. 1lowtoy

Forgive me if I state anything that you may allready know. First you do know that when scaling for injectors that are over the hard coded limit you have to scale more than just the injectors themselves right? The next thing I would look at if all else with the tune is correct would be the value you are using for min pulse width. It maybe to high. Are you only seeing problems at ilde or low load engine speeds?

6. Beatngu

no it's all helpful , I'll get back when I get it good and warm to see how it acts. Had an issue w/ the Versafueler so that might have been the main issue

7. decipha

I've tuned quite a few of them, except I use Binary Editor instead of SCT, but in any case as the previous poster said, be sure the minpw is set low, i usually just set it to 0

if you have a known maf curve you can probably cut it in half as well as the sarchg (cubic inch disaplacement) and adjust the slopes and breakpoint until your fueling is perfect

make sure your fuel pump voltage table is dialed in else you'll be chasing your tail

8. Beatngu

thanks guys !!

9. Beatngu

ok it's still rich all over, haven't even been able to put a load on it yet but at idol it's 11.1

I have to set the fuel psi at 20

I set the min pw at 0

maf trans funct, displacement and fuel slopes all set at 50%

maybe it just wont run on gas, I'm emptying the tank for E85 tomorrow

10. Beatngu

just an update for anyone who was curious

Car runs like a top,
    Slopes we used were Bosch's which are not so hot
    runs just like the high Z 60's,72's and 80's I had previously .

Only minor issue is a slight miss at about 200 MAF counts when you just crack the throttle to maintain speed.

Car made 750 hp at 7500 rpms w/ 13-14 psi at only 16* of timing on a Mustang dyno.

Big thanks to RTR Automotive in Palmyra NY for the help

Big boost next Spring after the big pump