1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

anyone know of a good shop in houston,tx.that can install a older fast seq?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by ricky, Oct 23, 2011.

1. ricky

i have a older fast seq system that i bought off a member quite sometime back, i am in the process of putting together a new motor for my car,and was wanting to go with the fast system this time..i'm a lil intimidated with installing this..mainly don't want to mess it up..was thinkig about laying it all out where it needed to go,and then hopefully taking the car over to a shop and have them finish the install..i'm about an hr from houston,anyone in that area that's good with the older fast systems? or are they really not that hard to install and get up and running? i have never used a stand alone before..thanks in advance for any info. :2thumbs:

2. yellowpony

They really arent that hard to install! If I can do it anyone can. Just follow the directions to a T, make sure all electrical connections are tight and such. I bought a weatherpack kit and took from DIYautotune and it was a lifesaver. The tool is more than the kit, but it is worthwhile knowing your connections are right. Make sure you have a clean ground and power, and the rest of the connections should be easy. Don't rush yourself and everything should be fine!

Some of the members on this board can help you out with the startup file to get you going.

Anthony

3. ricky

thanks for the info Anthony, unfortunately there are no instructions/directions in the box,so even though i can pretty much figure out what plugs into what sensors,etc..there are some wires that were terminated,that i do not know where they are supposed to be attached,crank trigger,ground,power,etc? i think i'm going to go ahead and get the car up and running with the stock setup,and then try and swap over to the fast.,that way the car has at least been running before i did the swap

4. ricky

thanks alot for the schematic vsracing, that helps alot! it's going to be a few weeks before i attempt to install the system,as i am trying to make sure i have all the parts needed first, mainly i need a dist and a good lap top for this setup..anyone recommend a good 351w dist that will work with this setup and crank trigger,also whats a good used laptop that will work well with this? i did not get the software with this,so i'll have to cross that bridge for starting it,etc when i get a little closer to finishing it

again,thanks :2thumbs:

5. yellowpony

Contat
    I went to candbmotorsports.com and they got me the dizzy I needed and modded it to work with the crank trigger. They also have instructions on their site to do it yourself, I can't remember the part #. For the crank trigger I would recommend the fast part #303565. It is. It is nice because the wheel is thin and you don't have to space accessories. I believe it works well with the fast boxes.

Anthony

6. ricky

hey,thanks for that info, i will give Chris a shout,have bought somethings from him before, i have a wheel,but will ask about that thinner one,sounds like it might be the way to go. can i ask what part number your map sensor is? the one that i have,will not plug into the harness, there is a "tit" in one of the slots,that does not line up with the harness plug..which fast system are you using?

7. yellowpony

Ricky, if you do like I did, i just took a razor blade and slit the plug to where it needed, just make sure the ABC on the plug matches up to the ABC on the sensor. I had a FAST XFI but switched to the Holley HP efi. With the weather pack, you can always make a new plug and cut the way it needs to be. Best of luck getting it wired up!

Anthony

8. Injected65

Let me know on the distributor. I can get one modified for you whenever you are ready.

http://www.fuelairspark.com/Pages/296/Software.aspx

Scroll down to C-Com WP and I believe that should be the right software for the classic fast systems. The install instructions listed are very helpful too.

Chris

9. ricky

hey Chris, on my plug,there are no A,B,or C letters on it,but there is only one way to put the two plugs together and be able to use the snap retainer. i have figured out most of the plugs, but on my seq setup,which apparantly is alot like the classic bank-bank setup, but uses the crank trigger..i can't find the wires that would plug into the distributor,or the crank trigger..or which one for my fuel pump..guess i should have realized that lot of this info would be gone by now,but i was thinking that even this old setup would be fine for my lil driver

10. XBRED1

If you go onto FAST website they have a connector and wire color chart if you look at that you should be able to find your way.

11. Injected65

The crank and cam connectors should be black and white wires paired up in a connector per the wiring diagram. The longer set being for the crank and the shorter for the cam. Not sure on the fuel pump as I have always just ran it off of a switch panel.

12. TheOtherDodge

Contact Eric Stubbs. He is in Pasadena Texas. Shoot me an email at jsintexas2 @ yahoo and I will get you his contact number. He did my classic FAST.