1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

gt45 oil restrictor

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by boostcreep81, Mar 12, 2014.

1. boostcreep81

I know ive searched this but havnt got the definitive answer. Ive got 2 oil feed flanges with the .040 holes and i know thats too small for these journal bearings. Should I just drill it out to 3/16" to match the line or should I drill it to the .080? Dont wanna toast the new turbo.

2. Mnlx

Run a restrictor as a last resort. Typically needing a restrictor is a sign of problems elsewhere.

3. boostcreep81

I have a stock pump rite now but with the pan dropped I was thinking of putting in my melling high volume pump. So, on a stock setup you think I should just go open? No restricion?

4. Jeremy

I wouldnt run under a .065 on a journal bearing. Make sure the drain is at least 10an as well.

5. M&M Turbochargers

on our shop truck we just run a an4 line to the gt45 it has a melling hv pump and had no problem

6. boostcreep81

Ok, im just going to drill one out with a 3/16" bit then. Should be okay. Thx guys!