1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

anyone know how to make a homemade boost controller?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 89notch, May 13, 2003.

1. 89notch

just looking for tips or options i have IHI turbos

2. FOMOGO

3. Heirdryer

there is a guy on ebay selling for 12.99plus shipping. Type in boost controller, he has sold over 900 units, the guy is from georgia i think

4. yan88gt

Just go to the petshop and buy an aquarium air diverter. It's an ajustable bleed valve. Cost 2$.

5. 10seclx

LOL and yan you have tried this??:stickhit:

6. xlr8

If you look at what their selling on ebay its just a 1/4" tee with two nipples and a bleed screw. Make it your self or buy the aquarium air bleeder.

7. TwinTurboStrokr

Yep,

I purchased a MBC a while back and then eventually loaned it to a friend on the never-never plan..

I ended up making one myself with a spring check ball style setup and it closely resembles this unit. Works as good as the $109 billet one I loaned out.

8. 10seclx

you wouldn't still happen to have the diagram that you used to make that or have a set of instructions??

9. Speedtospare

I would be interested in a lost of parts if possible please

10. xTroublex

11. mfpmax

12. yan88gt

It work well for me. I've done it on a 87 supra and a plymouth laser and work o.k. It's not very easy to tune if your valve have not lots of adjustability, but if your on a budget you can't complaint. I've seen people who just put a t on the vaccum line to bleed the boost and it work for them.

13. 89notch

ok i called grainger and they said they dont sell to the public the will only sell to you if you are a business so if someone has an extra one laying around let me know