1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone have the bolt torque specs for an A4 block mains & heads?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by NHRA NO 2, Jan 1, 2009.

1. NHRA NO 2

Anyone have the bolt torque specs for an A4 block mains & heads?

My subject statment says it all. I have an A4 block that I bought as a complete running engine about 5 years ago. I now need to fix a reaccuring head gasket problem, and I will put some new rings & bearings in it while it is apart. I just don't know what the mains (both the centers and smaller splayed bolts), and the head bolts need to be torque to when I reassemble it. I think the ARP head bolts are 1/2" dia and not the stock 7/16" dia, so I also need that torque spec for them as well.

2. mustangcobra438

Re: Anyone have the bolt torque specs for an A4 block mains & heads?

If i remember correctly they were 95-105ft/lb on inside and splayed were 35-45ft/lbs on the mains.