1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fox lower control arm anti-squat brackets..

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Bellman Jeff, Oct 14, 2009.

1. Bellman Jeff

Does anyone make lower control arm relocating brackets for a FOX mustang..

Something simular to this that's offered for late model stangs..

http://www.brenspeed.com/555-8119.html

I resently had my car scaled.. And the scaler said my "anti-squat" was wrong because my lower control arms pointed downward in the front.. He raised my rear end to correct this, and now it doesn't have that low-slung "tucked" look.. He said I needed these brackets.. But I can't find anyone that advertises them for sale, on the internet..

Can anyone HELP !!

2. Injected65

Check with Dave @ Team Z. I want to say that he offered something along those lines.

Chris

3. Briansshop

4. Bellman Jeff

Those pieces look great.. But does anyone just make the brackets...

Or does anyone have the brackets that came with Southside lift bars or Mega Bite jrs , they'd like to sell ??

5. 10secgoal

Can you weld ? lol I bought these for mine. I tried to buy Dave's because they look fucking stellar but he wasn't at the point where he could sell just the padded teeth. So I got these instead. I think Dave's were adjustable by .100's, and these are at 1/8. Not not quite as finely, but pretty close.

6. 5.0rx7

[/quote]

Where do u get these?

7. Bellman Jeff

Can the adjustment on something like anti-squat bars be so critical ?? I'm think'n you just need to get your control arms parallel to the ground, or slightly lower at the rear..

I'm thinking I may buy some for an 05 mustang.. And cut, message, weld, and bend them to fit..

As it is right now.. My car leaves pretty good even with the anti-squat being off.. I've turned 1.22 and 1.23 sixty foots.. But on a resent 1.23 sixty foot launch.. The car shook the tires pretty good thru first.. It's probably always right on the edge of doing that..

I'm hopeing an anti-squat correction will cure that.. And maybe even allow me to leave more aggressively.. And possibly get this thing to 1.teen in the sixty foot..

8. 10secgoal

I would have to look. I bought from a local circle track shop. They've been around forever. You can get the like this,or a complete slider. I chose these because you can tell how far you moved it to make sure side to side is even or you will have serious problem.

Fuuuuuuuuck yes. That why people four link. You have an infinite adjustment for you IC or antisquat. Just the lower bar......think of how it would rotate in a circle with the bar pointed down. Then up. The rear end will actually move in different directions.Basically bar down the rear end with suck into the car causing squat.Until your car fully squats, you have no weight on the back tires. You actually have less on the back tires as it is squatting, than when it is at rest. (try in on a scale) Having them up with cause it to be thrown into the ground, forcing the tire along with it. Too much anti squat is immediate traction, with unloading down the track. And the other way around for less. You can see the obvious balance. Whether your car is actually off, only testing will tell. On that note, I know higher HP cars usually have the IC down and low like you have.

9. TeamZmotorsports

Mine have an arch so you can make adjustments without changing pinion angle, because of demand we will have a universal kit with the brackets that will fit 8.8's and 9'' rear ends and actually replace the stock lower perches,

Man I wish it was as easy as just getting the bar level, but it's NOT there are so many factors to take into account when tryint to get the I/C in the right place!

10. 10secgoal

Damn you lol. How long ? I've already got the brackets drawn up for mine on a 3.5 tube. But I would be willing to incorporate an arc in there. :D I have the bracket drawn for wheelie bars and shock mounts, so I need only the pads again. Chop chop Dave haha

11. Bellman Jeff

That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for.. When do you think they will be on the market ?? Sometime this winter I hope..

Man, it seems someone would of had these things out a long time ago.. I wonder why not :huh: ..

93weezer likes this.
  12. 10secgoal

Dave, how many inches of possible travel total ? These are 6in.....still like yours better though

13. 5.0rx7

Mine have an arch so you can make adjustments without changing pinion angle, because of demand we will have a universal kit with the brackets that will fit 8.8's and 9'' rear ends and actually replace the stock lower perches,

Im also interested in a set!How much and when will they be avalible?

14. TeamZmotorsports

As soon as we get a quote back from the machiene shop that makes them we will have pricing on the web site!

15. Bellman Jeff

Ok Dave, don't let us down on this.. I still remember how long I waited for your bumpsteer kit :D ..

16. 86merc

Very cool Dave. Hurry up. I plan to get a complete 9" housing from you this winter. I will have to wait till you get these done. lol

Subscribing for updates.

17. TeamZmotorsports

We can put them on the 9's that we build in the shop but we are working on a kit that most people could install on an 8.8 or a 9''

18. 86merc

OK Cool. Do you offer similar brackets for the upper arms on a 9"? Either that slider style or 3 different holes for different angles? To offer more adjust ability.

I finally got the car out two weeks ago with Kurgan. The track was not the greatest. But not being able to adjust the control arm angles or ride height (stock spring set up) I am very limited in what we could adjust. Basically we ended up pulling power on the launch to get the car to hook. I can't wait to get the new housing and be able to finally leave hard on the 275s.

I will be calling you in a month or so. See what we can do about an adjustable ride height as well. Thanks!

19. lo fo do

I also need a set. :huh:

20. Briansshop