1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone have a set of 99-04 axles laying around that could take a measurement for me?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by mustang-junky, Dec 1, 2014.

1. mustang-junky

I want to add a set of 99-04 axles to my fox rear end, 79-93 length. Yes,I know it is not supposed to be able to be done. 99-04 housings are 1 1/2" wider.

My housing came out of a '92 Lincoln Mark VII. The stock Mark VII axles are 30.31" long, about 1 1/4" longer than a stock 79-93 axle. 99-04 axles are 30.63" long.

I need to know how far the c-clip end of the axle to the beginning of the bearing surface is.

Stock 79-93, the Mark VII, and a set of 31 spline Superior fox length axles all measure in at 26 1/8" from the c-clip end to the beginning of the bearing surface.

I'm thinking that maybe I would have a long enough bearing surface to just have the axle stick out an extra .32" on each side. I'm not worried about the brakes, I would just have to space out the caliper brackets .32".

So, Anyone have a 99-04 mustang axle that they could measure for me? Thanks.

Jess

2. mustang-junky

Re: Anyone have a set of 99-04 axles laying around that could take a measurement for

Nevermind. Moser can make a set axles for a Lincoln Mark VII. They have the info on file. No dicking around with trying to make other stuff work. I should have checked with them first.:ambivalence:

Jess