1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

XSPower T4 .60 A/R

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by FEAR ONE, May 3, 2007.

1. FEAR ONE

I have xspower t4 .60 a/r brand new, Is this a good turbo to put on a 03 Mustang GT bolt ons stock bottom end.

2. Pope

no

now go read to figure out why.

3. Dangerous Dan

4. Turbohwagon

XSPower turbos are assembled by the same people that said its ok to shim worn out rod bearings with cut up beer cans.

Take a Garret turbo that is identical to that XS, Throw it on the ground as hard as you can, now its an XSPower Turbo.

If you use it, you will be removing it and placing it into a trash receptical sooner than you think, because thats where it belongs right now. i would sell it to someone with a Honda or a VW 1.8t etc. you really dont want turbo chunks entering your engine when that thing finally grenades, if it doesn't have defective oil seals in the turbine/compressor housings.... Buy a masterpower or something of equal or greater quality, if you dont pay now, you'll most certainly pay later.

5. FEAR ONE

Why does it say that it has Garret internals.

6. Turbohwagon

the one my friend had on his talon was supposed to have garret internals, still ended up with a HUGE amount of side to side shaft play after a month of use...

7. White9T2GT

throw that bitch in the trash

8. mfpmax

Sell it...you'd be better off with a bigger single one or two T4s

9. flyinhillbilly

how many xspower turbos have you guys owned? i think you guys are just going off of the negative things other people have said about them. there are more than a couple of people on this site that have been running the fuck out of them for a while now. if you already own it i say make shure that the oil and return lines are right, break it in properly, and use it. i built a truck with a cummins t46b that everyone including some turbo shops told me would never work, and guess what? it worked pretty goddamned good, i fucked up a 12 bolt chevy rear end with it and a stock 400 small block as a matter of fact. just because a few people say something don't make it the truth, my guess is that most failures are due to improper installation.

10. Explorer5.0

I ran a Super T70 for a little while and it worked great. There are some Supra guys putting down some heafty numbers with the SSauto kit over at Supraforums.

11. FEAR ONE

The turbo is kinda new so dont no if it has ben broken in yet. How do you brake in a turbo. It has no shaft play and its polished like new, it was bolted up to a car before but dont know for how long.

12. ronlp

God damn, the world gets stranger every day. Who the fuck would put a three hundred dollar chinese turbo on a thirty thousand dollar car? Is nothing sacred? :'(

13. Explorer5.0

They are bitching about the same thing over there- saying it will decrease the values of their cars. The guys doing it are putting them on the N/A cars. I still think a cheap turbo is better than no turbo :)

14. stanggod

How the fuck do you break in a turbo? LOL

15. flyinhillbilly

just like you break in a pair of boots, or a new engine, or anything else, you use it gently for a while looking for any potential problems. break in may not be the right term, but i don't know of a better one.

16. Turbohwagon

thats where you put your waste gate line on loosely and take the "new" right off that som-bitch! :rock2: