1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

victor jr efi kit with elbow ?'s

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by turbofreek, Aug 26, 2009.

1. turbofreek

anybody running one and how much hood clearance does it take beyond the stock truck manifold or carb manifold? i know its a bit taller, but wanted to see if it would clear on an old muscle car with lots of height in the engine compartment?

also how good are the eddy fuel rails that come with it? will they support big hp over 1000? says they come with the fittings so should be simple to run lines to/from.

2. 81noscamaro383

Not for sure on measurements, but we were able to fit a victor jr and sheetmetal elbow under the hood of a 4th gen camaro. Are you dead-set on running the vic jr. If not, the new edelbrock intake for LS1's seems to be pretty promising. It's fairly tall, but some 4th gen guys have been able to make it fit, and they are making great power gains with it. :2thumbs:

Heres a link to the new manifold:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-7139/

3. sparkwire

I went with one, the fuel rails are fine, lot of options for FPR and elbow, probably need a custom elbow.
    http://www.turbols6.com/gallery/TYPHOON-LSX-TURBO/axf
    http://www.turbols6.com/gallery/TYPHOON-LSX-TURBO/aut
    here's mine, click on pic to enlarge

4. Orr89rocz

I have a victor efi setup on a small block in a thirdgen camaro. Elbow rises up pretty high but thats how i spec'd it. would clear a 3 inch cowl i think but i got a 4" to be sure. I could easily have spec'd a smaller elbow to keep it lower in the engine bay. From the old muscle cars i've seen recently, seems like there is more height room in the engine bay than the 3rd gen camaro

5. CyanJaguar

that is one butt ugly manifold
    I saw a test somewhere, this vs an ls6 intake and average hp gain was only like 4 hp. it makes all its power in the top end.

6. Orr89rocz

It looks pretty good once its on the motor but it does make some good power

7. Lebaron91

I just got my Edelbrock elbow and TB. Pretty high...

8. turbofreek

holy shit that things tall. might aswell be a tunnel ram intake.lol now i know and i thank you sir.

9. Orr89rocz

YOu can have a custom elbow made for those that have a much lower rise. Heck, edelbrock has some lower rise elbows i think

10. Lebaron91

I've been told that the lowrise elbows could cause flow distribution problems, with larger radius curve problems could be minimized?

11. turbofreek

sales gimick if your forced induction it dont matter air goes everywhere under pressure. i could see if it was a carb, but not an elbow and efi with injectors at the end of the line. :doh:

12. Orr89rocz

low rise/high rise elbows may see power difference based on flow area, but depends on how its setup. I know some n/a combos have picked up big gains by switching elbow designs but that may have been due to area of flowpath increase. Hard to say what would be seen on boost. Boost is just measure of pressure in the system so less restriction may allow more flow and do it at less pressure

13. 10secgoal

MMM, not exactly. It usually feeds the center cylinders more than the others even though it's forced induction. Readings by my buddies 8 egt b3s system.You can get the elbows that are about 3 inches shorter than the pic though for about 175 bucks ? Can get them in 90deg angles and about 120 faced down I think.

14. turbofreek

so do you think the other style runner forward facing edelbrock is better off for efi?

15. 10secgoal

Eh. I would think it could help, but either way you are stuck with a cast intake that has half its runners shorter than the others. I haven't seen any data personally on the longer that would help though. I just know that the two runners that are below the back of the shorter elbow, does get more air than the rest.....but that is something you can fix with sheetmetal intakes, or a solid cam by lashing differently to hurt the un even cylinders....or a sequential EFI. Anyone make a big bread box for the LSX stuff ? That edelbrock might have looked goofy, but better than cast with an elbow for me.

16. turbofreek

i think removing the name all across the top would make it a nice intake. thats the only thing i dont like about it. its not any taller then the truck manifold in the videos for edelbrocks promo of it.

17. MONTEGOD7SS

That Edelbrock looks great in black I think. If I go GenIII that will most likely be the intake I go with once boost is introduced. There are a bunch of f-body people chopping their cowls out to fit it, and they have had some pretty good gains compared to the ugly ass (my opinion) and expensive (fact) FAST intake.

18. 81noscamaro383

Exactly what I was trying to say. :D