1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Svo project build questions.

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by briansbronco, May 19, 2004.

1. briansbronco

I am about to go into my stock 85 svo for a little refreshing. Any suggestions for low buck stuff that might help juice it up a bit? I am already porting the head and adding a header, any advice on a low budget turbo upgrade?????

2. mfpmax

Do you have a boost controller?
    http://www.boostvalve.com

How bout a Thunderbird Turbcoupe intercooler? Has a larger surface area than the SVO. Can often be had for $30 off Turboford.org

3 inch downpipe would be nice too.

3. briansbronco

i'm gonna use the intercooler from a conquest TSi, it's huge and it will fit in front of the radiator nicely. Plus the input/output are even on the right side. Looks like it was designed to fit.... hadn't thought about a boost controller. Is there a larger turbo that will direct swap into my svo?---Brian

4. mfpmax

Since you're going front mount...any T3 flange turbo will do the job. You've got a Hybrid, T04 compressor with the T3 hot side, you've got Holset turbos, you've got...yeah...any turbo within your budget that has a T3 exhaust flange.

5. 86svo

for the super cheap hybrid you can use a gn compressor housing and wheel and bolt it on to your t3(use a 63 turbin housing).This has been said to be good to the 11's in the 1/4.

Tim

6. gotageta5oh

One of the best things that I did for mine was buy a better cam and cam followers from ford motorsport.