1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

anyone ever have their block power coated

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by EvilTwistedTwins, Sep 29, 2014.

1. EvilTwistedTwins

anyone ever had their engine block powder coated ? if so how has it held up ?:confused: any pics ?

2. converturbo

I have seen it done. It was a mostly show 400 Chevy block though. I would not recommend it. I can't honestly say from experience but I can't imagine it is very good for heat dissipation. Not to mention the cost involved to risk chipping the coating off very easily at the edges where it meets the machined/ gasket surfaces.