1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

sds eic on a tbi convertred to mpi

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by mog-10, Oct 6, 2010.

1. mog-10

i have a 400sbc i plan on turbocharging it is going to be in an 92 s10 that is tbi 4.3 i have Edelbrock Performer Multipoint EFI intake that uses the factory ecm with thir mod chip and factory harness
    do you guys think i could use the sds eic to gain the extra gas needed when im in boost with this setup?
    i understand that i may need the chip reprogramed to keep the timing from advancing and take the egr out

2. TTAWD

That's what it's for.
    A add on for a stock efi setup.
    I have run there full system and I liked it a lot.

3. mog-10

i know i was more asking if it would work with the speed density system

4. TTAWD

There's a thing called "the missing link" you should get one, it keeps you stock map sensor from seeing boost.

5. mog-10

i have been in contact with tbichips.com and when using the eic i do not need a missing link once the map reads boost it will be proving all the fuel it can and this is ware the sds takes over and adds the extra fuel based on boost and rpm.

6. Drac0nic

Yeah, you could also do a check valve with the MAP sensor and it should work as well.

7. TTAWD

You have to isolate the map from boost.
    A check valve sounds good but it has it's own problems.
    With a check valve after you rev the motor a few time and cycle the vacuum
    the check valve will hold vacuum on the map and the ECM will have no way
    to know when you are giving it the gas from a manifold vacuum stand point.

I have been there and done that 10 years ago on a TPI 350.
    Get the EIC and the missing link and it will make you life easy.
    I've played them games with check valves, check valves with a small bleeder orifice's

8. mog-10

thanks for the info once more