1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

anybody using a modular mustang racing block? or ported heads?

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by lincoln81, Jan 29, 2011.

1. lincoln81

I know they sponsor this but I want the truth!

hey guys I came across modular mustang racing MMR. I talked to Grant there the other night seemed like a straight up guy took the time and answered all my questions.

I am looking at there short block 1500 ... anybody else have this block? any issues with these guys? I googled it and a few un happy customers but thats everywhere. Mark the owner posted in the issues... and some people just are never happy... so I havent found anything purely negative.

As for the head porting anybody do this? what stage? did you notice a difference? did you upgrade anything on the heads? like what?

cost?

thanks guys

2. stangman9897

Not to sound like a sales man for them but MMR is the largest modular motor builder and seller in the world, and we are very lucky and proud to have them as a sponsor of this site. There work speaks for itself they have the worlds fastest modular powered cars in the world. They take great pride in there work and service, i don't know many places that big where i can call a talk and order parts from the owner Mark . All of there products are track tested and proven and not just trying to sell a part. And just like any big business you will find a few people that will have something bad to say and you will find those every where you go , the old saying you can't please everybody everyday some people just can't be pleased. So in short you can feel 100% confadant in buying a motor or parts from them and they will stand behind them 100%.

3. lincoln81

I did talk to them on another forum, great guys... they come online and discuss and post stuff and share the knowledge... its great

I have also read of guys having issues.... its been a few years since the issues... and on there site now it says 3 techs inspect your stuff before it leave...

I am going to be dropping about 10000$ with them and I live in Northern Ontario so its not like I can go back there in 10 minutes its shipping stuff across the country and across the boarder...

I am looking forward to building this motor up and getting it rocking but now its the funds also... that is why I am asking questions

cheers

4. jmstekguy

i own a shop in bc and have purchased parts from them numerous times, never had a problem...just my $0.02

5. Scott2001GT

I have heard mixed things. Idk if I would buy a motor from them but possibly other things for sure.

6. stangman9897

7. lincoln81

I read that the other day... a company like that with great service will get my business
    I ordered the 32V turbocharged covers the other day on sale

the issues I read was about a stupid box for heads and they didnt send them back in his box and didnt send the heads to his builder... who cares as long as the heads worked...

when I get the funds Mark, Grant and the guys at MMR will be busy building me something pretty bad A$$
    cant wait

thanks fella's

cheers

keep the shinny sides up

8. yoteehunter

Running stage 3 B-heads ported from them. I only have idle time on my engine but everything was A-ok. I have purchased various things from them in the past. I have nothing but good to say about there work and products.

9. Silvernotch89

I purchased their Stroker 950 from them. I live in Northern Alberta where it's -31 outside today. I dealt with Chris when he was there. Had no problems with them at all.
    Very easy to deal with. They even let me stock pile parts there so that I could have them all shipped from 1 location. The only thing they failed on was sending me the
    little sticker that I wanted to put on my valve cover. Still a little choked at that actually. Rear engine seal leaks like a bitch. But that's not their problem.

10. FSTMRFR

I am very happy with MMR short blocks... my roomate has one, and we tore it down once received just to be sure we got what we wanted, and EVERYTHING checked exactly what we wanted....so, I was suprizingly pleased...first time I never had to get something clearanced just the way I wanted it after ordering a product from other companies...super satisfied with MMR!!!