1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Running electric fan off ms2

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Powersteoken, May 1, 2020.

1. Powersteoken

So I just installed contour fans on my fox body along with the durale controller. So I put the temp sensor right where they told me to next to the outlet of the rad back to the water pump. Well stupid me didn’t think that my radiator has either plastic tanks on the sides or plastic covers so the temp sensor is now useless. Actually was just testing it and over heated the car, was letting it warm up while I was putting away tools and it shot up quick.

so I have an ms2 in the car and figured might as well control it off that but I don’t know how. I’m assuming hook up to an output then do I just run that to the override on the controller where you would normally hook up the a/c override? Do the outputs on the ms2 supply 12v power or do they ground? Not sure how it works but would really like to set it up if someone can help

2. fastspec2

They ground. I'm assuming a PNP ms? Or are you running a regular MS?

3. Powersteoken

Pnp ms. Ok so can I run that ground to a relay and use that to switch on a 12v source

if I do that I guess I can just totally get rid of the fan controller and just run the fans off a 60 amp relay right?

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  4. Disney Lincoln

I use tan open (WLED usually) output to ground the relay. Then just go into TS and configure.
    I've only used the DIYPNP systems so that's my knowledge base.
    Extended -> Output Port Setting
    Click on WLED (warmup LED)
    Click box to ENABLE
    Power On - ON / Active Value - OFF
    Output Channel - Coolant
    Threshhold - 195 (or whatever you want here)
    Hysteresis - 10 (or whatever you want)

5. Powersteoken

Thanks

6. Powersteoken

Here is what I have available how do I know what output is weld

I guess it would be pin # 25 would that be the output 2 option in tuner Studio

57129AEF-3F58-4EF9-99FF-83DD9F2B6428.jpeg #ad

662A5BCF-2483-43D0-9E72-21C9BC02C216.png #ad

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  7. Disney Lincoln

Yes, in your case it looks like output 2.

8. Powersteoken

Great thanks