1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Holley EFI - Base fuel tip using excel

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by westcoastwrenchin, Apr 21, 2020.

1. westcoastwrenchin

I've been having a rough time getting my fuel nice and dialed using holley efi, mostly due to my lack of experience, so I let my nerdy side takeover (video to follow)

If you're in my situation then simply start logging, anywhere and everywhere.

I exported my logs to a .csv file and created a macro to determine where AFR under boost was 11.4-11.6. I then took my existing fuel map and inserted my good points from excel and used the "fill row value" feature to interpolate between them. I then smoothed the table a few times. I checked my work after smoothing reviewing the points I had previously used and randomly checking if my map was close to the known good points, it was.

It was a long shot at best but the result is shocking. With approx 20 good points my car is within a tenth of a point afr up to 6psi at the moment, which blows my mind because before it was very poor before. Long and short using a few GOOD points can do a ton for you!

Hope this helps someone!

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  2. B E N

What tuning system?

3. Briansshop

The only manual tuning I've had to do with a Holley system is in the idle and decel areas,the learning works everywhere else.

Mnlx and Disney Lincoln like this.
  4. westcoastwrenchin

This is with a dominator. The learn does work well for fine tuning but I'm not big on letting it own my entire table