1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Idea for a DIY modular w/o changing K Member, Opinions?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by mustangpwr98, Dec 29, 2006.

1. mustangpwr98

Plan is to connect the passenger header to the drivers header with 2.5 round pipe around the transmission like alot of diy modulars. Then transition to 2.5 oval (which is 1.75 tall) and bring it between the rack and pinion and the wall of the motor bay up to where the battery was. I will remove the battery and tray and replace with one of the small drycell batterys with a custom mounting bracket. This will give me space for the turbo without relocating anything.
    Any Thoughts?
    Thanks
    Tom[\

2. ddv005

Do a search Do a searchDo a search Do a searchDo a search Do a searchDo a search Do a searchDo a search Do a searchDo a search Do a search

Seriously, there is SO MUCH info in the archives............................. Try this link

https://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=54916.0

3. mustangpwr98

Dont tell me to do a search. :bah: Find me a post(you cant i looked) that directly pertians to using oval tubing and routing it the way i am and i will retract otherwise..................................................................ANY OPINIONS?

4. TurboShortBus

Sounds good...build it and find out.

Mark

5. ddv005

Easy buddy, i am only TRYING to point you in the right direction. Sorry for trying to be helpful.

6. autosay97

One thing I can't understand is why in the world you wouldn't want to lay down $220 to gain access to parts way easier, lose some weight up front, and be able to efficiently route some piping? A k-member is now on the top of my list to do to any new mustang I buy, even before the flowmaster 2 chamber turndowns go on ;)...

7. TurboShortBus

Hell yeah, I agree. Even at ~$350 for an AJE K-member (much better design than the others, especially where the A-arms attach...none of that 1/8" thick steel ear crap), the amount of room that you gain and the weight savings are more than worth the money, whether the car will have a turbo or not.

Mark

8. autosay97

I guess everybody wants to do stuff thier own way though, oh well...

Contemplating using this reply to all newbie threads like this, I like that shit.

9. twinturbo351

Yeah i agree.
    I love my chrome moly k-member.
    I gained so much room which i need for routing my 3.5 downpipe.