1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anyone running XO2 BOV (Tial style)

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 90WHTGT, Dec 29, 2006.

1. 90WHTGT

Just wondering if anyone is running this BOV. I didnt realize that it wasnt adjustable---my bad. Viren said it comes with the 9#spring (14hg-17hg)---my car pulls 20 at idle so Im wondering if it will be open all the time at idle---or if I can shim it rather than waiting on a spring.

Ive been reading everywhere and Im not sure yet if the BOV can be open a little at idle. Its a blow through--BOV before the MAF of course.

thanks guys!

2. mfpmax

I'm not running one but have one(at least I think its the same as you're talking about), at 20hg on my car I tested it just connecting the vacuum to it and it was lightly seated and not "opening"

3. 90WHTGT

cool thanks.

Too bad it takes 3 frigging weeks for VS to get it to me.

4. Allen2001GT

i have one right now waiting to go on.

5. 90WHTGT

must be nice :bah:

6. 1Hot89Lx

Glad someone else brought this question up, I just got one of these BOV's with the 9# spring as well and I keep hearing all different answers to which spring I need to work properly. I would appreciate someones help with this to insure I get the right spring #.

7. 90WHTGT

Ill let you know---I emailed a couple of vendors--two said run the nine--one said I need the eleven. Im just gonna try it and see.

8. 1Hot89Lx

Sounds good, hopefully all your parts arrive soon enough so you can have some fun with the car before you have to leave.

9. Boosted Thrills

with the bov before the MAF why would it matter if its open at idle?

im speed density but with my blower setup my BOV was open at idle, it would start to close as vacume dropped and would be fully closed at 0hg. the blower moved enough air at idle it would blow air out the BOV

so no one is using this BOV yet? the BOV is the last part i need for the turbo swap. the price makes it very tempting

10. 90WHTGT

I know it wont affect driveability---I just dont want it sucking in air.

hey can someone that has this allready give me some measurements---

From the flange where it would bolt to the header straight out and at that measurement how far does it hang down. Also at the flange how wide---how much wider is the body than the two bolt holes.

My main problem now is I cant complete my coldside piping without it--Im a little worried ll get too close and screw myself. If I can build this stuff Ill bolt on the wastegate and BOV the night before I have my dyno appointment.

If not I think the car is taking a three month jack stand ride :'(

Shoulda just ordered them from X02 direct.