1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

screen or covers for the blades on turbos

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by joes69, Feb 9, 2015.

1. joes69

I was wondering what you guys do to keep rocks and debris out of your turbo blades.Im going to have twins and they will be sticking out where stuff could possibly get in them.Do you run some kind of screen or something.Not sure about a huge aircleaner sticking out of my hood...I saw chucks from street outlaws and his turbos look like they are out there and could get stuff in the blades..What is the best solution...thanks

2. Gen1SVE

If you are doing allot of street driving place the turbos so you can fit a filter. If you don't have room for a filter, a piece of window screen will work but may restrict flow a bit. Sand and dirt may still reach the compressor wheel depending on turbo placement but if they are out in the open it will help with the larger objects. I had bugs plastered to my screen when I used one.