1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anybody heard of Race Aero?

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by 86CAPRI, Jul 11, 2008.

1. 86CAPRI

The reason I ask is my boss has this old speed boat with a twin turbo 454. The boat was done in the late 70's. And I could not believe how nice it is and was done. I have this brochure from

Race Aero
    Marine Turbocharging Systems
    & Performance Products
    1977 catalog

And according to this his boat should have at least 825hp and I would believe it running 18lbs on a bbc. I will try to get some pics of this boat up it is cool for being done 30 years ago.

2. SFV2RVR

I have a race aero setup on my schiada.
    [​IMG]#ad

3. twin74s

Thats one awesome looking setup....!!!

4. 86CAPRI

Sorry it took so long to get back I almost forgot that i posted about it. I was looking everywhere and couldn't find anything on them. The kits they have are just sick looking like yours just super nice. Well does it really preform as good as they look.
    Thanks for replying it was just strange having this brochure and not being able to find anything.

5. SFV2RVR

Mine puts out about 15lbs of boost, and will run 100+ The motor puts out around 900-950hp. Carson brummett is the only person you can get new race aero parts from. He is in pasadena, ca. I bought all my parts used.

6. SFV2RVR

Here are a couple other pics of race aero setups

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

7. 86CAPRI

8. jstnoc

Are your headers race arrow or gentry style? I am trying to figure out the difference?
    Thanks,
    Mike

9. SFV2RVR

Mine are race aero. The gentry exhaust manifolds are alot taller. Here are a couple pics of both styles. Notice how the turbo sits over the valve cover on the gentry. You can make an adapter to make it sit straight. The race aero stuff is mainly used if your trying to fit it under the hatch of the boat.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

and this is the race aero setup.
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

10. TTFiveOhRanger

Wow that is some sweet looking stuff.. I love the water cooled turbine side on those turbos.. haven't seen anything this sharp in a boat before..

11. SFV2RVR

Those water cooled exhaust housings cost about $3000 from carson brummett, and he is the only guy who you can get them from brand new!

12. iffy

Wow SFV2RVR i like your setup it is looking cool and full of energy.

13. silviaz145

wow,how many hp it does??