1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

any tunning input would be great

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by hotstang3, Mar 6, 2006.

1. hotstang3

it think it still has more in it but who knows. anyways this time i had a set of e.t streets on it and a mini spool
    so for once i can launch it out of the gate. this pass was with about 2lbs of boost on the launch and then 15lbs from about 100 ft out.
    it went 11.70 at 116mph in the 1/4 and at the 1/8 it was 7.5 at 93.564.felt a little doggish/nosing over at about 5000 to 5500 rpm. that was with a 1.74 60ft. the tires are 30 inches tall and my gears are a slopppy 2.76 in the rear with a 2800 rpm stall. so who thinks i can get this in the low 11's with gears and a better tune with more boost out of the hole maybe even a high 10???

2. ChrisA351

Those are some really tall tires man. Especially with those gears (I'm sure you know that)

I would work on the 60 footers a bit. Whats up with the suspension?

Why dont you build boost at the line? Is it a stick? What is your total timing and what fuel are you using?

3. hotstang3

my suspension is all stock(leaf spring). works pretty good so far....doesn't seem to be spinning thanks to the 30" tires :angel:
    i am thinking 3.73 gears or 4.10 :eek: . the trans is a turbo 400 with a 2800 stall with no transbrake...if i load it up to much it will push through the brakes. total timing is set at 28 deg and i am running av gas...no detonation so far but it is nosing over between 5000 and 5500 rpm my LM-1 reads 10.5 at wot but 13.5 to 14 at an idle so i think my idle air bleeds are a little fat yet or need more timing...or my mild r/v cam is at its limits(non turbo cam) 108 deg lobe sep... not sure. :huh: