1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Any one use a Campbell Hausfeld WG2060 90 Amp MIG/Flux Versa-Arc Weld?

Discussion in 'DIY and Junkyard Turbo Tech' started by furious70, Dec 30, 2010.

1. furious70

2. revn351

My friends messed up pretty quick and he said it welded like crap. I'm about to get something like that but from either northern tool or tractor supply. Both of these are fairly cheaper than the one you posted. I've seen the one from tractor supply for less than a hundred dollars with in store coupon. Also check out the craftsman one think that one comes with the welding cart for one fifty.

3. Drac0nic

Look on the secondary market IMO. I got a 170 Harbor Freight (actually it welds pretty nice, at least better than I can) for 30, selling a carburetor for some one and a salvaged (read:free) hard disk. The biggest thing on cheap welders I've found is use GOOD wire. The other thing I will say is that I was able to weld exhaust with .035 flux core and mine, but overall I would prefer to go to a smaller diameter solid core wire and some gas as it was very particular.

My buddy got a little 110V Cambell Hausfield for 125 of Craigslist with two spools wire it was basically brand new. Just keep an eye out there are bargains on "good" welders out there. Right now my biggest beef is going to be getting 220 out into the garage otherwise I'm welding out doors which does not really work in winter!

4. stangman9897

You get what you pay for.

5. bluchev

6. furious70