1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Wide band reads 10 at idle- RICH

Discussion in 'General Carb Tech' started by jnhj, Sep 7, 2013.

1. jnhj

Running a BG 650 blow thu..... It's running rich at idle, Question is should I change the Primary jets ony or down jet the primary as well as secondary. Burns my eyes at idle.

Setup is a 71 Buick 350, twin t3/4 turbos runnning a conservative 8lbs of boost to start.
    Running 6lbs of fuel pressure at the regulator.

What do you guys think??

2. Mnlx

Do the idle mixture screws have any effect?

3. jnhj

Carb has idle-eze, so i have not messed with the idle mixture screws. I noticed under the secondary boosters there is carbon build up from running RICH.... I think I'll d-jet the secondaries and go from there

4. Rickracer

Main jets have very little effect at idle, and are important enough that you don't want to change them unless you have fuel mixture problems with the main circuits. I would suggest opening up the Idle Air Bleeds a bit and see what you have from there. Do you know what size they are? The BG carb should have adjustable IABs and IFRs, running rich, IFRs may need to go down, or IABs go up.

5. rick4106

I had a problem with fuel pressure guage reading wrong. Couldn't get afr down at idle. Tried different gauge and lowered fuel pressure and was able to get afr correct. Something to check.

6. 70 5.0Merc

Start at the beginning. Pull the carb and reset the throttle plates to show "square" transfer slots on the primary side. Here is the Demon instructions on setting the idle eze to double check. Lol, old thread...

7. poboyracin

Power Valve leaking?

8. rdakota340

Primary jets do not have anything to do with idle circuit do as posted start from scratch then try and adjust your idle mixture screws about 1/8 of a turn at a time!