1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Any Info On The Cartech Air/Air Intercooler for 1500HP?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by 14chp2c, Mar 31, 2010.

1. 14chp2c

Anybody try the Air/Air Intercooler for 1500HP from Cartech for a Foxbody Mustang? I going for 1200HP and I really dont want to use a Air/Water Intercooler, seems like too much to deal with.

2. 1sicpny

i have it on my car. i made 865rwhp so far and the iat`s were 100-110 i believe it was on a 90deg day.
    But i will say one thing it`s REALLY BIG. it sticks out the bottom of my lx bumper 3" and goes
    from one side of the rad support to the other.

3. 14chp2c

Which one do you have? I called Cartech today, they said they made two very big intercoolers for the Mustang, one for 1500HP and one for 2000HP. They said that the 2000HP doesnt fit very well without alot of trimming, but the 1500HP will fit easier. I will not mind cutting up my front end for it,I just dont want to hit the ground after coming down from a wheel stand.

4. LowBoostinT76

www.BehindBarsRaceCars.com

Have Noodles make you one. I don't know where your from but he does a ton of fox cars and can prolly make you one even if your not local.
    From my understanding he worked with John Urist and helped with designing/making the Hellion kits. Noodles also did the cage on John Urist's red fox body. If that doesn't speak for his quality and craftsmanship I don't know what does!
    He built my turbo system with a narley a/a, the core measures 24"L x 18"H.
    Give him a call.