1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

any guys out there running a aem tru boost on their fox body

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbo timmy, Oct 31, 2008.

1. turbo timmy

i got a 91 fox with a hp stage 1 kit and im running a aem tru boost controler. i followed the vac diagram when i installed it and it doesent seem right. it wont idle without inpluggin one of the vac lines on the vac tree (mounted on the fire wall) so i called the guys at hp and asked them and they told me to hook it up like u would for an internal wastegate. just wondring if anyone has one of these on their fox and can gimmie some pointers. thanks.......

2. tirefryin_s10

I run one , my car is a turbo ls1 but same deal..... It is very simple to run it goes like this :

line out of the turbo compressor housing gets T'd
    One line from the "T" goes to the boost control solenoid port #1
    Other line from the "T" goes to the bottom port of your external waste gate
    seperate line comes from port #2 on the boost control solenoid and goes to the top port of your wastegate.

Done!