1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Any AOD guys around?

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 4eyefox, Jul 2, 2016.

1. 4eyefox

I have an AOD I'm putting in place of the t5z in my car. It has an Art Carr 300m one piece input shaft, Lentch valve body and Ford Racing 4R70W wide ratio gear set. I plan one putting new clutches in it, does anyone know if I need aod clutches or 4r clutches? I would guesa the latter but want to be sure. Anyone have any suggestions on what kind of clutches I should get? Anyone have any other thought on things I can upgrade or inspect while I'm in there? Don't want to get a ton of money in it but would like it to be plenty sturdy for around 500 at the tire. Thanks.

2. Disney Lincoln

They are the same for the most part. I'd get 4R clutches to make sure you get enough. I like the Alto reds.

Do the pump and input shaft lube mods for sure. Check out clickclickracing to get more mods that i've forgotten about.

3. Gen1SVE

Do not use Alto red for the Direct pack (2-3 shift), They do not hold heat very well, the waffled OE style clutches are thicker and you will not get as many in the pack but they will last much longer. The nice thing about the lentech valve body is that it uses the reverse pack and the direct pack on the 2-3 shift greatly reducing the wear on the direct pack.

4. 4eyefox

Thanks for the replies guys. Seems a lot of people I talk to like the or clutches.