1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Anti-Roll with a Mini-Tub

Discussion in 'Newbie and Basic Turbo Tech Forum' started by CptGinyu, Feb 16, 2012.

1. CptGinyu

Greetings!!

Hopefully I am in the right place. I am a noob, so here we go.

Basically, I have a FOX with a mini-tub, and rear coil-overs. The housing was shortened quite a bit, but I don't recall the overall length...maybe by 2-3 inches per side. (6" total). Short version (no pun intended) is what do I need to do about an anti-roll bar. There is no provision for the mount point (at least factory mount) since it was all cut away in the mini-tub conversion. The car will is not a sole drag box, and will do some street duty, so I guess I need to address the issue. I have been told to just leave it off, but I am not sure that is the best idea for my intended purpose.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

-Russ-

2. screamin363

Are you trying to use the stock sway bar (some guys call this the ARB)?

If you are talking about the stock sway bar it should still fit because the lower control arms are still in the stock location (unless they used off-set lowers).

You talked about the stock ARB stuff was cut out but that should not have happened on the axles.All that is cut off is the ends, that has nothing to do with lowers and you can take 3.25 off each side without having to permanently relocate the axles lower control arm mount.

Hope I answered your question.

3. CptGinyu

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I am talking about the ARB (I assume that's short for anti-roll bar). The LCA's are tubular with no mounting points on them at all. I am still using the stock LCA mounting points, but the stock LCAs are long gone. The stock LCA's wouldn't clear the tires (the tubular ones BARELY do.)

I guess reading back, I wasn't clear about what was cut. The upper spring "perch?" was cut to make way for the tubs. The coil-overs are mounted to brackets welded to the axle tubes.

So, that is what my issue is. I am using tubular LCA's and need to know what my ARB options are.

Thanks again for taking the time!!

-Russ-

4. screamin363

Youll need to buy and install a afetr market ARB. It will weld to the rear housing and the upper bar will mount inside the upper frame rail almost like your current set-up.
    I have seen many mustangs minitubbed and the lower control arms still worked so you could continue to use the stock ARB. So you are correct if it is an offset LCA then you would be a bad ass MoFo to get it to fit again(since the gap is now much more narrow.

Good luck brother.