1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

another wheel/back spacing question

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by sidwaz, Feb 11, 2004.

1. sidwaz

I have a foxbody with sn95 rear disk brakes/axles. The wheels i have are centerline telestars. They are only available in 5" backspacing so I only ordered 7" rears. My question is how much can I widen them for the widest tire/slick. Also what size tire/slick could I fit. The car is also stock hieght.

I was thinking I could widen them to 9 1/2" therefore bringing the backspacing to 7 1/2" does this sound correct?

2. sidwaz

alright, does anyone know correct backspacing for rear wheels on a stock diff width?

3. sidwaz

come on people, i would like to get these in soon

4. boostd

I dont know how much this will help, but stock SN95 BS is like 5.95 on a 8" wheel. I run this size BS in a 18x8 wheel on my wifes 90GT car with T-bird brakes converted to 5lug with SN95 axles, and it clears everything great. What your saying sounds right, but someone else may know better.

good luck with it.

5. sidwaz

Yeah I know with 5.95b/s on an 8" will fit, but i want to know how far to the inside I can go.