1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Can any one I d this comp cover as any version of a race cover

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by pound4pound, Aug 16, 2016.

1. pound4pound

I think some one told me a while back that this thing could be a race cover for a borgwarmer s400 chassis turbo. Ant truth to that?

image.jpg #ad

2. TURBO-D MIKE

That looks a factory CAT cover to me

3. jlbayes

Cat cover, supposedly has a larger a/r than the borg "race cover"

4. TURBO-D MIKE

A/R is not everything. Too many other variable to include......Like what wheel was the cover designed for? what application? The porting for the cover?

5. jlbayes

Agreed. Just was something I could remember about it off the top of my head. Was popular for a bit with diesel stuff and "cats" s478 for compounds.

6. TURBO-D MIKE

Something the Head Garrett Performance Engineer told me years ago before he retired......"just cause you can make it fit, doesn't mean you should" I have seen this done by many turbo companies over the years. You are taking a engineered part and putting it in a application is was not designed for, and will not be efficient at.

7. jlbayes